Old 09-02-2009, 12:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Rice flour

maxine in ri wrote:
I have a couple of recipes that call for gram and rice flours
combined. I have the gram flour, but have never seen rice flour. Now
I do have 19 pounds of rice left G, and wonder if I could grind it
raw or would I need to cook, dry and then grind it to make rice
flour? I suppose I could go out and _buy_ some, but just wonder if
there's some way I could get by with what I have.

I make rice flour by grinding rice.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins