Kevin S. Wilson

Default Lump & wood Etc

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:10:00 -0800, "Lew/+Silat"
> wrote:

>Anyone in Portland Ore area? If so where do you buy your lump and wood?

REPOST REPASTE REPAST

Look up Paul at Fast Marketing, PO Box 2074, 97294. Phone:
503.254.0774. I was in Portland about two years ago and was looking in
the phone book for wood and lump. Ended up buying about 300 #s of
alder, oak, maple, silver maple, pecan, hickory, madrone, and
hazelnut, most of it cut into fist-sized chunks. I also got a couple
40 # bags of mesquite lump. He mostly supplies Portland-area
restaurants, but also does retail sales by appointment. He's located
out toward the airport, in a storage-unit industrial
facility.

Call him beforehand to set up a time to meet. Also, be prepared to
spend a couple of hours loading your pickup, particularly if he has to
cut some of the wood or feels like talking. On second thought, plan on
spending a couple of hours, minimum. He'll feel like talking.

PS: He can put you in touch with a local (statewide?) BBQ society,
too.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho