Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default A Decent DeCaf Green - Is There Such A Thing?

On Feb 5, 9:59*am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Sorry, that needs clarification. *What you say is true if the kukicha
> is only twigs, but there are also kukichas being sold that are more
> leaf than twig.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Yes, you're correct. The thing is that it varies and is impossible to
guess on. Either way, even with some bits of leaf, it is virtually
decaf... it's kinda the same as an NA beer, it has a small amount but
at least it is still close to the real thing with the least
compromise. It's a tough thing, the few decaf greens I've had have
been at best middle of the road. One time I had some Shincha that had
been labeled as decaf, but I have no way to verify if it really was,
it was excellent but brought back by a friend directly from Japan.

- Dominic