Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Question about pearl barley

I use barley but not in the quantities used in most recipes. I use a combo
of lentils and barley. So far no ill effects bg-wise unless I overdo the
barley. I use about 1/4 barley to about a cup of dried lentils in soups with
lots of vegies including cabbage and celery leaves and some kind of meat
(lamb shanks etc). I cook my soups in a slow cooker. 150 gr is about 5 ozs
and probably a dry weight.