Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Alan Alan is offline

Default A Decent DeCaf Green - Is There Such A Thing?

On Feb 4, 1:11*pm, Shen > wrote:
> My mother has had a small stroke and the MD advises NO CAFFEINE
> whatsoever. She really loves the delicate greens I've kept her busy
> with over the years and being a bit of a tea snob myself, I wonder if
> anyone knows of a decent green that complex and delicate and not just
> a cheap sencha?
> Any help is gratefully appreciated.
> Shen

Shen,

Sorry to hear about your mother. If the doc said "NO CAFFEINE
whatsoever", then even decaf is out. There is always a small amount of
caffeine left in the tea. I'm speaking as a consumer; the experts in
the group can confirm or refute my statement.

So, looks like you should be on the lookout for a tisane (no, I won't
type "teasane"; wait, I just did). I don't like most "herbal teas",
especially those that are based on hibiscus flowers, but I really like
a pure peppermint tisane when I don't want caffeine. Honeybush is
fine, too. Just depends on what mom likes. There's plenty to choose
from! I hope you find one she likes.

Alan