Old 03-02-2009, 11:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default I ate the whole thing

In article ,
"pintlar" wrote:

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message

snip
Sounds pretty good to me, too. Kraut and ribs. If you're thinking of
experimenting, know that tomato flavor is nice with kraut. Pour an
8-ounce can of plain tomato sauce on top of half the kraut in your pan.
If you can cook it the rest of the way without stirring, you'll have an
idea of whether or not you like the addition of the tomato flavor.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

I was thinking the same about the tomatoe sauce thing. I have no doubts that
would be a great change.
Also, some of those beans with the same name as our ex Pres, either on the
side or in the pot. As it stands now, the recipe is not flatulant (sp?) for
some reason. I bet beans would change that.

Are you referring to Bush's baked beans? I wouldn't have those with
kraut and ribs. No, thanks. I might also skip the spuds and make
halushky, instead.