Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lynn from Fargo Lynn from Fargo is offline

Default Fortune Cookie Horror

On Jan 31, 12:09*pm, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:57:16 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:
> > Goomba wrote:

> >> We order Chinese food delivery at work at pretty routinely. One of my
> >> friend's got a fortune cookie paper that actually had to *nerve* to say
> >> "Why lie about your age when it is obvious" * LOL LOL LOL

> >> We tease her about it often

> > Just another reason to do what I do.

> > When eating at a Chinese restaurant with others,
> > if fortune cookies are served at the end, I refuse
> > to eat mine or even pick it up. *Drives some people
> > nuts, who want to see the fortune.

> > "You can have it."

> > "No, it's your fortune. *You opened it."

> i thought the doctrine there was that it's *your* fortune, but you don't
> have to eat the cookie. *i open mine and give the cookie to my girlfriend.
>
> your pal,
> blake

I have the last fortune I got stuck to my monitor- it says
"Share your abundant humor with others at this time. They need it."

Lynn in Fargo
Custom here is NOT to pick your own fortune. Pick someone else's and
swap before you open. Don't ask me why, don't know!