Dave Bugg

Default bbq in Lexington, NC results

"Piedmont" wrote:
> I myself believe this was good Q, though I prefer a more intense
> flavor and prefer coals with wood for a more pronounced taste, but
> that is me. I would recommend the Lexington bbq for the Q and good
> atmosphere. A place were a lot of the diners are regulars and the
> waitress's know their names.

Good report. Matches a lot of my observation when I was there a couple years
ago. The smoke flavor is very diminished in 'Q joints that use open pits. It
is also one of the reasons that good bbq is not a matter of smoke taste ---
even though smoke rings are very visible in open pit bbq. Smoke taste, like
all spices, is a matter of taste -- not necessity -- in 'Q.
Dave