Old 30-01-2009, 08:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Mike[_43_] Mike[_43_] is offline

Default Elderberry Goo Residue Removel Help

"Andie Z" wrote in message
We have been making elderberry wine for years. This year we made another
12 gallons. The big problem we have is cleaning up. During and after
primary fermentation we end up with a non-soluble goo. We still haven't
discovered a way to wash it off our stirrer, our primary, or anything
else. Does anyone have a sure fire way of getting it off stuff. My 90
year old mother is the wine master and she has it on her finger nails.

Help!

Andie Z

There is a really simple and magical something that does it which I can't
remember at the moment. This question comes up every now and then so stay
tuned for a solution from a guru for your goo.

Mike