Old 29-01-2009, 12:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default finally convinced my hubby

Evelyn wrote:

"Michelle C" wrote in message

"Evelyn" wrote in message

This is a guy who has always been extremely healthy, active, and any
sort of illness or weakness is not included in his definition of
himself.

Evelyn, the majority of the men in my family are like that too. To
kowtow to a physical illness is to admit weakness. And we can't have
that! I've had a couple of them tell me they'd rather be dead.

Then you DO know what I am dealing with. This morning, after that nice
low carb dinner the night before, I woke up to see him eating one of
those huge english muffins with lots of jam on it. He's definitely
still in denial about it.

Evelyn, who does the grocery shopping? I don't have that kind of stuff
in the house. My DH is good about figuring carbs because his pump
requires it, but I wouldn't dream of having stuff around that was
totally off limits to him.