Edwin Pawlowski

Default Built-in Grill Advice

"Tom Newton" > wrote in message
> 1. The larger surface (three 25k btu burners instead of 2)

Depends on the size of your family or frequency of parties.

> 2. A smoker tray with its own 3500 btu burner (no smoker in the 30"), and

It will be good for when you cook a chicken or pork roast to add smoke
flavor. I don' tknow that it willmake what we refer to as barbecue though.

> 3. Better grilling grates (fancy two sided grease control ones, versus
> regular steel tube grates in the 30")

That is worth something but hard to put a price tag on.

> That doesn't sound like much for $1300.

It is a #13200 upgrade today. It is a $3000 upgrade next year should you be
unhappy wihtt he smaller grill.

>But before I decide, I wanted to get
> some feedback on the value of an integrated smoker tray. I have never used

> smoker, but I'd love to learn. Can a smoker tray allow the grill to cook
> certain foods, steaks etc... so they taste as though they were cooked over
> charcoal? or are these just used to create beef jerky and other stuff like
> that?

It will add some smoke flavor. How much? Never u se the DCS so I can't
say. Steaks are usually coooked over very high heat with the lid open.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome