Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nan[_3_] Nan[_3_] is offline

Default American chopsticks

On Jan 25, 9:12*am, notbob > wrote:
> I'm sitting here watching an old episode of Law & Order. *Both Waterston and
> Hennessy are eating Chinese out of take-out boxes with disposable
> chopsticks. *Regulars know what I think about all the networks standard
> representation of NY'ers always eating Chinese in this manner. *If you
> don't, I say it's all total crap.
>
> We've flogged this subject ad nauseum, but have we been honest about it.
> Yeah, we all use chopsticks in a restaurant cuz we wanna SHOW RESPECT for
> the CULTURE (eye-roll). *BUT!!... what about take-out? *I've been eating
> Chinese take-out all my life and have NEVER found those disposable
> chopsticks in the bag. *Does that mean I should have them at home all the
> time? *
>
> I may occasionally use chopsticks at home, but I'm weird. *I know of NO 0NE
> else who does so. *Maybe me and mine are declasse, but I doubt it. *Do YOU
> really have your own chopsticks at home for yourself and guests and family
> when Asian food is on the menu? *C'mon, be honest. *(CC! ... a poll!)
>
> nb

We also have both disposable and laquered sets here, and use them,
mostly for sushi & sashimi takeout, but almost never for Chinese, and
we never eat Chinese out of the box. I have lovely Asian dinnerware
and loads of Asian decor in our home, almost anywhere you look.
Neither of us is of Asian decent but we could eat sushi & sashimi
easily 4 or 5 days a week if we could afford it. MMMMM that's
gooooooood stuff!!!
Nan