Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Is RISOTTO hard to make at home?

On Jan 24, 4:32*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> Every time I watch "Hell's Kitchen" and Gordon screams at the "chefs"
> because they cannot make risotto properly, I get the impression that
> it must be a difficult dish to make. Is it?
>
> I have never tasted risotto and would like to. Can someone supply is
> with a simple recipe or can it be purchased in a box mix?

You should find some that is well made and try it first. Risotto is
not about any particular recipe; it's all about the texture. If you
haven't experienced the creamy, succulent texture no recipe will
suffice to tell you what you're trying to achieve in your own
saucepan. Once you know what you're after, though, it is not
particularly difficult to do at home. -aem