cess cess is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi,
I am new in UK and my communication skill is not that good. My
questions are embarassing i understand.....so get prepared....

Can someone explain me how people commonly order food in the
Restaurant, Pizzeria, Takeaway, Subway, coffee shop, buffet? what are
the common questions that we have to ask or to answer?

Should the customer seat on a table or rather go directly to the
checker? when does (s)he have to pay? does (s) he have to pay tips?
and how much? can (s)he eat on the shop or no? how to precise that
(s)he want to take food home. if someone is on diet can (s) he ask for
special arrangement (like when ordering pizza)

thank you
Restaurant dining should be a pleasant and relaxing experience where you can sit back while someone else does the hard work and enjoy a great meal in appealing surroundings and with good company.
Her's how some customer order:
Take the menu and rip it into 4 or 5 pieces. Order from only one of the pieces, ignoring the choices on the rest of the menu. You will be happier with your meal.
Poll the other patrons at the restaurant about what they're having and order the most popular choices for yourself.
Everything bad is good for them: Order anything made with lots of butter, sugar, etc. Avoid salad or anything organic. A meal of all desserts may be appropriate. Or see if you can get the chef to make you a special dish like foie gras and bacon covered with butterscotch and hot fudge. Ideally, you will have brought a Super Sized McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal into the restaurant with you. Smoke and drink liberally.
http://www.lionsdeal.com