Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>

>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>>> Evelyn > wrote:
>>>
>>> : >> Janet, you lucky gal. We are expecting 8 inches of snow tonight.
>>> : >> (biting nails and looking wild eyed).
>>> : >>
>>> : >
>>> : > S N O W is a 4 letter word. :-)
>>>

>>> : Hey we got 3 more months of this nasty white shit falling from the
>>> sky!!!!!!
>>> : ;-P
>>>
>>> When we get snow I get housebound. My lvoely chariot(large blue
>>> shopping
>>> cart) doen't go well in the snow. I hpe to get out tomorrow morning as
>>> there is a Bar Mitzvah I want to attend and the snow is not
>>> expecteduntil
>>> arond noon, with it gettign heavy around 4PM. I should be home well
>>> before then. I hate the thought of being housebound Sunday! I have
>>> been
>>> having a great time this week gadding about with my chariot and would
>>> like
>>> to continue the pattern. Oh Phooey!
>>>
>>> Wendy

>> Wendy up here in the mountains we have had ice storm after ice storm.
>> My balance isn't so good anymore. I feel very unstable when I walk on
>> ice. In fact it is downright scary. Right now it is 14 degrees out.
>> there is a big storm on the way that is supposed to bring as much as 8
>> inches of snow on top of all the ice we already have. The entire next
>> week is projected to be in the teens and below and not a single day above
>> freezing. Today I went to Adams and bought stuff to do some serious
>> cooking with. Tomorrow I will make a beef barley mushroom soup to put
>> away in the freezer for our lunches, and I will do laundry in between
>> that..... Hope you do get out and about tomorrow too!
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Evelyn
>>

> Is that temperature low enough that the snow stays snow and doesn't turn
> to ice? That's what happened the winter I was working in Minnesota, so
> I only saw slippery spots one day while I was there.
>
> Robert

Robert it is essential around here that you clean up the snow as soon as
possible. If it gets a tiny thaw in between and refreezes, it turns to ice
that you can never get rid of unless you chop it out.
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world