Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_3_] Lou Decruss[_3_] is offline

Default What vegetable goes with Lasagna?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:02:52 -0800 (PST), Sheldon >
wrote:

>phaeton wrote:
>>
>> if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna what would it be?

>Giardiniera

Giardiniera confuses people shemp. If you were to use enough Chicago
style giardiniera to consider it a side dish you'll be very sorry. If
you use the pickled spring mix in white vinegar I think it would pair
up poorly. I do use Chicago style giardiniera on beefs, pizza,
lasagna, eggplant / chicken / veal parmesan and it's a perfect blend.

But it's not a side dish, it's a condiment.

I've looked at recipes for years to make my own but never been
impressed enough to try one of them. Plus the fact that there's
always at least 10 brands on the store shelves and at the deli counter
so the motivation isn't there. An it's dirt cheap to buy. I do know
someone who makes a fabulous product but I've never got him drunk
enough to get the recipe.

Lou