Posted to rec.food.historic
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default a question

And it would be nice to see more signs of life here...

I am working on a bibliography (well, several, but right now one
in particular). My main interest (for this, anyway) is US
cookery. The question is what is a reasonable cut-off for
European cookbooks as part of this. Obviously, folks brought
European cookbooks to this country, and some of the European
cookbooks were reprinted here (or there were new, somewhat
modified editions for this country). When did such cookbooks stop
being a significant factor in US cookery (aside from the obvious
heritage aspect of recipes in general)?
--
Jean B.