Matt NYC

Default (OT) Corned Beef....Help!

Ok....

On Monday, I bought a 7lb Brisket, rubbed it w/ 7tbs tender quick and
some herbs and spices, basically the Morton's recipe. I wrapped it in
saran and stuck it in my fridge, weighted with some bottles of beer,
planning to keep in there for about a week.

The problem is that my p.o.s fridge fluctuates between 33-41 degrees
and there's not much room to maneuver. I flipped it today and it
seemed fine, no funky smells, and a nice deep color. But this being
my first go at this, have no idea what to look for. Is there hope for
this one, or I should I buy a back-up? Any thoughts appreciated.

Keep the coals glowing and the temp. steady,

Matt in NYC