Posted to rec.food.preserving
Epiphany Epiphany is offline

Default Preserving eggplant

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:50:13 -0600, "D. Arlington" >
wrote:

>What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
>than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
>methods have you tried?

Not knowing any better and not doing any research on the matter, I
once sliced them more thickly than I would for frying, stacked them up
and popped them in the microwave to steam a bit, then put wax paper
between the slices, and popped them into the freezer. I used them in
soup, pizza, and other dishes, and even dredged the already-cooked
slices with bread crumbs and fried them. When they are fried this way,
they do not absorb all that oil.