Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Save your money or test with paper and foil baking cups

PickyJaz wrote:
> On Jan 14, 4:43 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>> I'm thinking back many, many years, but I do recall making cupcakes in
>> cake-like ice cream cones. You stood the cones in muffin tins, poured
>> the batter in them and when they were baked and cool, iced them....

> Janet, I'm wondering if buttering the outside of the cones before
> filling them with batter could make them crispier outside when baked.
> Anyone's thoughts on this?
> ...Picks

Sounds good to me. Since I don't have little ones any longer, the need
for birthday cupcakes to send to school has vanished from my life (thank
goodness!) If anyone wants to give this theory a try and report back,
two of us are interested <vbg>