Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] tweeny90655@mypacks.net is offline

Default Save your money or test with paper and foil baking cups

On Jan 14, 5:07*pm, itsjoannotjoann > wrote:
> I think probably the foil/paper muffin cups popularity came from
> sending muffins to school with the kiddies. *Their grubby little hands
> were handling the muffins and it aided in frosting them, too. *I don't
> know if I'd want to eat them if someone had been handling my 'naked'
> muffins with their bare hands while doing a frosting job.
>
> No proof, just an opinion.

I bought them with the idea that I wouldn't have to soak and scrub the
muffin pan.

If the muffins have been refrigerated, (a dozen last about three days
around here - I refrigerate to keep out of cat paws and also to
prevent a moldy blueberries - nothing like it) , the foil cup peels
off nicely with little waste, but no so for the paper one.