Vox Humana

Default good baking sheets (ISO)

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> Last night I was watching a Julia Child show (I think recorded from the

day
> before) where a woman baker was baking/demonstrating some kind of
> tart/bread/pie with loads and loads of butter in it.
>
> As she was putting it in the oven on a baking sheet, Julia asked her if

she
> would put it on parchment paper and the baker said, NO! - that the

parchment
> paper would actually draw the butter out of the item and one would find
> loads of butter on the bottom of the parchment paper and that is not what
> she wanted.
>
> Even though I've seen parchment paper loaded with butter after baking,

I've
> not *heard* this before, that parchment paper actually draws out the
> butter.
>
> Dee

Don't believe everything you see on TV. The food network is particularly
notorious for cavalierly dispensing false information. I'm sure most of the
misinformation is passed along innocently and there is no mechanism for
discussion that would allow for a correction. One has to wonder just how
the parchment would draw the butter out of an item. I would speculate that
you simply see the butter easier on the parchment than you would on a baking
sheet. That might lead to a conclusion that here was a cause and effect
relationship where none existed.