Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Waitress: "How does everything taste?"

In article
Lynn from Fargo > wrote:

> Beats the hell out of "How is everything tasting?" Answer: "I don't
> know, I didn't ask it." Personally, I think I'll switch to the
> detailed description/review. Maybe a take off on a wine critique:
> "The burger has a bold opening note followed by good body and hints
> of onion and peach, but the finish is definitely too "oakey" .

> Lynn in Fargo
> (former English major)

Go, Lynn!! LOL! (Do you ever listen to Grammar Girl's podcasts?) Last
week on a radio program the host was complimenting the Wine Weenie OTD,
the son of a local liquor/wine store owner. Host saying the son is as
good as his dad. Son recalled that he'd once heard all one needs to be
wine critic is a bottle of wine and a big mouth. :-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor>