Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Waitress: "How does everything taste?"

A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?

It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
out as so ingenuine, IMO.

So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
didn't want them on the table taking up space.

So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.

-sw