Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Sandra Lee's PBJ Martini

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
> OMG. I just wandered through afternoon TV channels and came across the
> end of S.L's show. She was making PB&J "Martinis". Umm, yeah. Ugh.
>
> Raspberry vodka
> Hazelnut "li-KOOR"
> red grape juice
> and a canned peach slice in each glass.
>
> For kitchen decor and "tablescape" it was a pink-and-green day.
>
> How can people watch this stuff

Sandra Lee has become to cooks what Wal Mart became to shoppers. I simply
cannot watch her show or her positively hideous recipes.

That said I am a purist when it come to the martini. A martini is made with
gin and dry vermouth. Sometimes vodka replaces the gin which is acceptable.
That's it. Anything else is NOT a martini. A martini has NO mixers, and
even if it is just garnished with something other than an olive it is not
called a martini. I don't even care if it tastes good. It is not a
martini.

If you want a perfect martini here is how to do it

fill a tumbler to the top with whole ice, NOT crushed (the ice must be from
filtered water)
pour in 1 ounce of dry white vermouth being sure to slosh it over the ice
pour out the vermouth
pour in 4 ounces of your best dry gin which has been pre-chilled
stir with a non-metallic spoon, do not shake - James Bond was wrong
immediately pour into 2 large martini glasses
add 2 green olives - pimento optional

That is a perfect dry martini.

Paul