Posted to rec.food.cooking
Beartooth Beartooth is offline

Default How Does One Clean The Inside Of An Old Magnalite Pot

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:31:30 -0500, Margaret Suran wrote:

> Is there a way to clean such a pot? The inside is discolored, with
> black spots and nothing seems to work to get it clean. It is a small
> One Quart pot. Does one of you know the secret? Thank you.

You might want to try Barkeeper's Friend (very cautiously!),
especially if the cream of tartar treatment helped. Both are acids; the
BF is oxalic, which I believe to be rather stronger.
--
Beartooth Implacable, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
What do they know of country, who only country know?