Posted to rec.food.cooking
margaret suran margaret suran is offline

Default How Does One Clean The Inside Of An Old Magnalite Pot

Kswck wrote:
> "Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
>> Is there a way to clean such a pot? The inside is discolored, with black
>> spots and nothing seems to work to get it clean. It is a small One Quart
>> pot. Does one of you know the secret? Thank you.

> 1 quart? Buy a new one. Can't cost that much.

It's not mine. I could not use it even if it were, as it is much too
heavy for my arthritic fingers and hands to handle. I use T-Fal's
cookware, who still make delightfully light weight pots and pans.

The One Quart pot belongs to a neighbor. She is throwing it out, but
she wanted me to give it one try with this news group. Except for the
ugly inside, the pot is fine and can still be used for cooking, but it
sure looks disgusting with all those black spots.