bbq

Default Propane tank valve will not open !

buzzsaw wrote:

> Hi I just got my tank refilled at Uhaul, and when I hooked it up, the valve
> won't open. I mean it is beyond tight - it is like stuck! Now I am a stong
> man and it is no longer "hand tight", I dont know what happened. I have
> tried pilers, hitting the valve with a hammer - it won't budge. Any ideas
> on this one?

Try getting a pipe wrench tightened to it and give the wrench a good hit
with a heavier hammer. I have a 4 lb. hammer that I call my 4 lb.
assistant. Works well. Like duck tape, my tool box wouldn't be complete
without it :-)

As Ol' Hippie suggests, make sure your turning(or hitting) it in the
right direction :-)

Happy Q'en when you get that sucker ready,
BBQ