Posted to alt.food.wine
Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] is offline

Default France 2009

Piemonte definitely worth a journey. Recommend the Hotel Barolo, which has
its own winery, but also a rather good cellar with some older bottles -
Barolo shouldn't be drunk young. Don't go to Marchesi di Barolo, it is a
tourist trap and they are snotty too (go there dressed in Prada, you get the
top wines, dress in jeans they will serve you Chardonnay ...)
ALso La Morra with some rather good restaurants and a commune enoteca with
wines served by the glass, including some of the big boys such as Voerzio.
Heed Mike - do not, repeat not go to Bellet which is a bloody waste of time,
money, and sobriety.

The Chagall museum is definitely worth a visit.

We will be in Nice from c June 20th, letus know if we can be of any help.

Cheers

Nils