Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default France 2009

On Jan 6, 12:02�pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Jan 6, 11:35 am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > We're starting to plan our annual France trip and I'm looking for
> > advice. We will be staying with some dear friends from Norway in late
> > June at their vacation home in Valbonne which is just outside of
> > Nice. I would like to go early and visit a wine site or two so I
> > debating going over into Italy (Piedmonte) or perhaps the Langudoc
> > area. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed.

> As you can see, Mike is THE resource for that area, though Nils is no
> slouch!
> No real wine visiting knowledge, but on a touristy note, if you
> haven't been the small Chagall museum in Nice is a treasure.
> Slightly to your east, I was surprised by the better wines of Liguria,
> and the seafood can be excellent
> Given the chance, I'd go for Piedmont, but that betrays personal
> tastes.

Our hosts have already insisted that we visit the Chagall museum.
They've had a vacation home in Valbonne for at least ten years and
they know the area well. Being typical Norwiegians they tend to
prefer beer and Aquavit to wine but I had a chance to introduce them
to California Chardonnay and Cabernet this past summer at my place.
Given the chance I'd go to Piedmont too and that's where I'm leaning
at this point.