Vox Humana

Default What are the causes of cracking on the top of a fruit cake ?

"Chris Wilkins" > wrote in message
m...
> What are the causes of cracking on the top of a fruit cake?
>
> Can ingredients etc. cause cracking as well as a to higher temp.?
>
> I'm plannibg to make a Wedding cake for my daughter's wedding next
> year. Any tips as to how to get the 'perfect' cake.
>
> Chris....

Fruit cake is a holiday item here in the US. The one's that I have made are
baked at low temperature for a long time and cracking isn't a problem. I
would think that you could just level the top of the cake with a knife and
turn it upside down so the top is perfect and the cake sits level on the
cake board. Are you going to cover the cake in marzipan and rolled fondant?