Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 22:51:09 -0500, "Evelyn" >
wrote:

>Nick, when you buy tripe, don't you have to soak it, then par boil it then
>throw away the first water from it or something like that? Once I prepared
>tripe but didn't do this, and the flavor was very strong and unpleasant.
>Threw the whole mess out. Someone later told me that I was supposed to par
>boil it.

My Mum used to boil it once in water for an hour or so, then for
several hours in milk with lots of onions and black pepper. Used to be
one of my total favourite foods - I can't find anywhere to buy it from
any more, I even tried to get it last time I had a 1/4 cow from a
butcher who does his own killing, but it was all spoken for by the
restaurant trade!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine