Posted to rec.food.equipment
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Pizzele maker

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Two days before Christmas our 30 year old pizzele maker died. This is
> tragic as my wife's pizzeles are a prized gift that many look forward to
> every years. She makes three or four types (vanilla, chocolate, anise, and
> this year orange)
>
> A friend offered hers (used only once) and we tried it. No go. Most of the
> brands of pizzele/waffle makers in the stores are crap. The pizzele is too
> thick, the waffle portion is not deep enough, etc. We have standards to
> uphold! The original was made by C. Palmer Manufacturing and that is what I
> want. None to be found locally.
>
> I ordered the Model 1000 from www.fantes.com as they are a good outfit and
> it was $15 cheaper than other places. We were amazed that it is exactly the
> same as it was made 30 years ago. Still made in the USA, still high
> quality. Some people do care.
> --
> Ed
> http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

What exactly died in the old one? There isn't much to them and what
could potentially die is pretty easy to repair or replace. Power cord,
thermostat, heating element is about it and all can be readily sourced
from an appliance parts place.

Too many folks are stuck in the wasteful "just throw it out and get a
new one" mentality. I'm no tree hugger, but I'll only throw something
out and replace it in two cases, first if the dead item was inadequate
to begin with, or second if a repair is truly hopeless.