Posted to rec.food.cooking
Arri London Arri London is offline

Default Any (electric) deep-fryer recommendations?

Dave Smith wrote:

> > Arri London wrote:
> >> We got rid of the old T-Fal/Tefal one after many years. Got tired of
> >> trying to clean it out every time.
> >>
> >> Would like one with a drainage spout and/or removeable interior pan.

> >> Doesn't need to be huge.

> The bigger the fryer the better. Small fryers drop the temperature too
> much when you put anything other than a very small amount in to be
> cooked. Large fryers have enough hot fat to maintain a high temperature,
> and that makes things nice and crispy instead of greasy and soggy.

Yes in terms of frying physics, bigger is better but we have limited
counter and storage space. One of the tanks fast food places use would
be nice but where would we put it? LOL

The little Tefal thing did well enough for us in terms of volume.
Everyone who uses a deep fryer knows not to overload it, so temp drop
isn't really a problem.