Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Pizzele maker

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
news
> Two days before Christmas our 30 year old pizzele maker died. This is
> tragic as my wife's pizzeles are a prized gift that many look forward to
> every years. She makes three or four types (vanilla, chocolate, anise, and
> this year orange)
>
> A friend offered hers (used only once) and we tried it. No go. Most of the
> brands of pizzele/waffle makers in the stores are crap. The pizzele is
> too thick, the waffle portion is not deep enough, etc. We have standards
> to uphold! The original was made by C. Palmer Manufacturing and that is
> what I want. None to be found locally.
>
> I ordered the Model 1000 from www.fantes.com as they are a good outfit
> and it was $15 cheaper than other places. We were amazed that it is
> exactly the same as it was made 30 years ago. Still made in the USA,
> still high quality. Some people do care.
> --
> Ed
> http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Fantes can be that very place to find quality products, too, I have found,
reasonably priced, and shipping pretty good.

30 years ago, too, (well almost) when I lived in Hawaii I had a hankering
to buy a pizzelle maker, but I can't remember why it was on my mind. This
is how I got it - a guy my husband worked with had his mother go to Sears,
pick it up (it could have been a Presto brand), and pack it in her bags when
she flew over to visit. My, how transportation has changed for me!

But I was soooo disappointed with it, that even though I tried it a few more
times, the unit got dismissed somewhere along the line. My point: I'm
sympathizing with you about losing your original, because indeed most
appliances ARE not that great.

I notice on fantes' site that the VillaWare manufacture brands were
discontinued. I would probably have overlooked the Palmer, and gone for
VillaWare, as I love my VillaWare panini grill.

I noticed after looking at the recipes included, there is/was a model that
was non-stick. I can't see that it was an offering at Fantes, but did you
consider a non-stick in Palmer? The PDF recipes that you can click on were
definitely outdated: calling for "oleo" :-)) and crisco, of course, with
recipe for 12 dozen. That tickled me.

Made in USA and upholding a standard and not price jabbing; Great!

Dee Dee