Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca[_3_] Becca[_3_] is offline

Default Any (electric) deep-fryer recommendations?

Dave Smith wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>> Arri London wrote:
>>> We got rid of the old T-Fal/Tefal one after many years. Got tired of
>>> trying to clean it out every time.
>>>
>>> Would like one with a drainage spout and/or removeable interior pan.

>> What's a drainage spout and/or removeable interior pan?
>>
>>> Doesn't need to be huge.

>> Define huge. What are you cooking? For how many are you cooking?

> The bigger the fryer the better. Small fryers drop the temperature too
> much when you put anything other than a very small amount in to be
> cooked. Large fryers have enough hot fat to maintain a high temperature,
> and that makes things nice and crispy instead of greasy and soggy.

Most of us do not fry foods very often. The last food I fried was crab
rangoon, and it was for a party, so I had to cook lots of it. Like you
mentioned, you have to maintain a high temperature to get light, crispy
food, in stead of a greasy mess. I use a cast iron pot, because cast
iron maintains a high temperature. I have a deep fryer in a box, that
someone gave me as a gift, but I have not tried it out. Maybe I should
try it. Donuts sound good.

I am looking at this blender on Woot, and it is $149.99. I did not know
blenders were this expensive.

http://www.woot.com/

Becca