Posted to ba.food,rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.asian,alt.satanism
[email protected] dank420@rocketmail.com is offline

Default Review - Tikka Masala in San Francisco

One of my favorite Pakistani-Indian restaurants in San Francisco is
Tikka Masala on Haight Street near Clayton. My favorite dish is the
lamb korma for $6.50 with tender chunks of stewed lamb in a spicy
curry sauce with a touch of tomato, served with an order of regular
naan for $1. Then I decided to add an extra order of garlic-basil
naan for $2, and it was definitely worth the extra dollar.

The restaurant isn't too fancy but it is clean, and the dining room
includes a wide-screen monitor showing trippy Indian pop music
videos. They supposedly have a hookah lounge, but if it was being
used I couldn't smell any smoke. I always liked Tikka Masala but had
been patronizing Shalimar on Polk Street recently, but now I think I'm
going back to Tikka Masala for my New Year's Eve dinner tonight. And
I'm going to stuff my face with two orders of the garlic-basil naan.