Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lynn from Fargo Lynn from Fargo is offline

Default Pico de Gallo seasoning

On Dec 31, 6:49*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *Arri *wrote *on Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:51:44 -0700:
>
> > koko wrote:

> Here's a pretty simple recipe.
>
> 2 cups diced ripe tomatoes
>
> 1 cup diced purple onion
>
> 6 to 10 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
>
> 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
>
> 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
>
> 2 tablespoons salt
>
> No exotic spices and it works.
>
> Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for *several hours before serving.
>
> Keeps several days in the refrigerator.
>
> Variations
>
> 1 tablespoon lime juice
>
> 1 habanero
>
> 1 cup sweet corn
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Pico de Gallo means something about a "rooster". Around here it's like
salsa cruda - everything is raw and there's very little liquid. It's
not like something that you'd dip something in but more like a relish
you spoon on. It ALWAYS shows up with fajitas.
Lynn in Fargo