Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] is offline

Default Pico de Gallo seasoning

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:01:48 -0800, koko > wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:10:11 -0800 (PST), aem >
>wrote:
>
>>On Dec 30, 8:22*pm, Lila3 > wrote:
>>> Does anyone have a recipe for making Pico De Gallo spice mix...not the
>>> fresh salsa?
>>> I have been" googling" and can't find one.

>>Spice mix? I know pico de gallo as a condiment/relish/salsa kind of
>>thing, not a spice mix. Can you describe more fully what you have in
>>mind? -aem

>aem,
>I found this in my adventures looking for the recipe. Hope this helps
>clarify what she's looking for.
>http://www.latinmerchant.com/product...ductID=SCM0102
>
>Dang it anyway. It seems getting a pico de gallo spice mix recipe is
>going to be a real challenge. grrrrrrrrrr

Is this what you're talking about? http://mifiesta.com/fta10001.html
I have a bottle in my cupboard. The Web page's list of ingredients is
ground chili peppers, salt, dehydrated lemon juice. My bottle lists
lime, not lemon on the label. I don't know what sort of peppers they
use, but it isn't very hot.
--

modom