Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Pico de Gallo seasoning

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:10:11 -0800 (PST), aem >
wrote:

>On Dec 30, 8:22*pm, Lila3 > wrote:
>> Does anyone have a recipe for making Pico De Gallo spice mix...not the
>> fresh salsa?
>> I have been" googling" and can't find one.

>Spice mix? I know pico de gallo as a condiment/relish/salsa kind of
>thing, not a spice mix. Can you describe more fully what you have in
>mind? -aem

I think this is what she's talking about. It's a dry spice blend
that's typically sprinkled on fruits and vegetables.
http://i41.tinypic.com/rj1cv9.jpg

It's made from ground or powdered chili, not to be confused with chili
powder, and salt and some citrus like lime or lemon mainly in the form
of citric acid.

This blend has some course ground black pepper in it also.
Unfortunately I didn't save the label. I bought it from one of those
hanging spice racks but it is also available in containers.

For years I had never heard of pico de gallo in a salsa form, I had
always known it in the dry form.

hope this helps I'm still looking for the recipe to make some. I love
challenges.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 12/30