Old 31-12-2008, 10:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 00:55:15 -0500, "Evelyn"
wrote:

I added a couple of packages of dried split peas, some chopped carrots,
garlic, celery, onion, parsnip and potato, and it made a great tasting pot
of soup. I used my wand blender to puree the whole thing when it was done.
While the soup was cooking I deboned the Ham, and the larger chunks were
sliced and served with dinner, the smaller stuff chopped and added back into
the pea soup.

I still have quite a bit left, for ham salad, breakfast, lunches, whatever.

Mmmm! I love ham. We finished the Christmas one yesterday, and I still
have a lot of the broth in the freezer : )

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25