Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

"Jacquie" > wrote: [ . . . ]
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> []

Not Sicilian, either.

This is more like it:

"If you're interested in cooking classes, I highly recommend a stay at the
Regaleali winery and classes with Anna Tasca Lanza, a well known Sicillian
cookbook author.

We had an incredible lunch experience in the miniscule beach town of Porto
Paolo at a restaurant on the sand called "Da Vittorio"

Here's what I wrote about it from my journal:
"We sat down and asked for a menu. The waitress explained to us, in
Italian, that there wasn't a menu, just a set lunch. Aware this might be
the case, we said, "bring it on!" Shortly, the plates started arriving at
the table. First was a tomato bruschetta, followed quickly by garlic and
olive oil marinated mushrooms and tiny bay shrimp. Next came snails in a
spicy tomato sauce and grilled, stuffed swordfish. The fifth and final dish
of our antipasti was spadola, a white fish with silvery skin and mild
flavor served with carmelized onions and a sweet and sour sauce. Soon, the
next course arrived, a fruitti di mare pasta filled with clams, mussels,
and shrimp in a garlic and olive oil sauce with a hint of chili flake. The
pasta was a perfect al dente. At this point, we had no idea how much more
food was coming and we were starting to try and pace ourselves. But there
was more to come, and we were next brought a mixed grill fish platter with
wonderful grilled prawns, slightly overcooked swordfish, and a whole
grilled fish called dentesca. The meal was punctuated by not one, but two
desserts; a bowl of sliced fruit and a plate of hot, fried popovers, dusted
with sugar and filled with fresh ricotta and chocolate. In all, the service
was quick and efficient and by the end of our meal the restaurant had
filled up with other customers including a lady who hand-fed her little dog
pieces of fish at the table. We saw no other non-Italian tourists which
made sense given the remote location. When the check came, all of the
above, including a bottle of mineral water and 1/2 carafe of house wine
came to 60 Euro total."

Have a great trip! Sicily is fantastic!"

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.