Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

Jacquie > wrote:
: We don't do the the Black Eyed peas..we do sauerkraut and pork. I usually
: take a pork loin and rub some garlic and salt and pepper and then place it
: on a bed of sauerkraut and onions...Serve it with mashed potatoes...we also
: have applesauce on the side.. My husbands family are Pennsylvania
: Dutch....pork and Sauerkraut are their traditional meal. My Mothers Father
: was from Germany and they always had pork and sauerkraut. My Mom always
: fixed Pork Ribs and Kraut When we lived in Florida there was always Black
: eyed peas at the after party meals...along with a breakfast of eggs, grits,
: and ham.

Naturally, I don't do pork as it is, clearly, nt kosher, but a wonderful,
quick and dirty dinner is to cook knockwurst or franks inn a pot of
saurkraut to which you add shole carroway seeds. Serve with some mustard
on the side and enjoy, no rolls for the franks(you can cut them into
pieces if you want), but great flavor. Good for weeknights or sudden
company.

Wendy