Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Anyone got a non-BBQ pulled pork recipe for a slow cooker?

phaeton wrote:

> I thought about just rubbing the meat with Adobo seasoning before
> putting it in the slow cooker, but I don't know if that would be the
> result I'm after.
>
> Thanks for any help!

Rub the pork butt with a thin coat of vegetable oil. Then coat with a dry
rub of kosher salt, granulated garlic, course ground black pepper, paprika,
and brown sugar. Put the butt onto a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Put
into an oven at about 230F. Although the estimate is about 90 minutes per
pound, you will want to cook until the internal temperature reaches
185-190F.
--
Dave