Posted to rec.food.equipment
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Linen and No More things

"Del Cecchi" < wrote in message

> I think the idea is to make "troughs" in the cloth for the dough to
> rest in and maintain its shape. Julia Child did a show where she put
> the dough in some kind of cloth like a dishtowel and made a sling which
> she suspended by closing the top in a drawer. I can't find a
> reference or clip of that however.
>
> A description of her process is in Mastering the art of French
> Cooking, vol 2 which has been posted at
> http://www.cyber-kitchen.com/recipes/French_Bread.htm
>
> good luck.

Thanks for that Del, one day I'll give baguettes a try. Although using AP
flour means you need to consume them pretty quick.

"jt august" < wrote in message
> "Bertie Doe" < wrote:
>
>> It has the words 'Linen Union Glass Cloth' written in large
>> friendly letters.

> "And it has the words, 'Don't Panic,' in largre, freidnly letters on the
> cover." *
>
> I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
>
> jt
>
> * Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

Next to the cabinet with the sign 'Beware of the Leopard' I need to put up a
sign with the New Year resolution saying 'no more spending on baking
accessories'. Today I ordered a couple of linen lined, dough proving baskets
on eBay. I'm blaming Chemiker for starting this ......linen thread -
http://preview.tinyurl.com/8yepqm