ShaneOttawa

Default Where to buy coarse salt?

Pete > wrote in message >. ..
> I like my steaks grilled with coarse salt, I have had it this way in a
> steak house.
>
> I have an extra peper mill, can I just by salt and grind with this?
>
> Is there a certain type of salt?
>
> I looked in the store and this is what I saw.

Kosher salt is exactly what you need. No need to grind it.

The poster who said not to salt your steak is wrong. Steak isn't on
the grill long enough (even well done) for the salt to affect the
juiciness.

Long time lurker, first time poster, line time griller, the real BBQ
smoker-grill is gonna be in the backyard about two days after the snow
melts sometime in late April.