Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.food.restaurants,rec.arts.poems,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers
Will Dockery Will Dockery is offline

Default Parnello's Pizza: 99 in Columbus, GA inspection

0x0000 wrote:
>"Parnello's Pizza" wrote:
> >pdw wrote:

>>> should probably have known better years ago,

>> You should have, since I've posted the health department scores for
>> Parnello's from day one here on Usenet, for three years running the
>> score has been in the highest range possible... although I just
>> noticed yesterday that the score had dropped one point to 99.

>> Anyway, glad you asked, and here's proof in advance for you to
>> s.t.f.u. on:

>>http://www.columbushealth.com/inspec/score.cfm

>> 99 Parnello's - 5828 Moon Road Suite G

>>http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/Parnello%27s_Pizza

>> [[Image:Parnellos Pizza.jpg|thumb|right|300px|The original
>> [[Parnello's Pizza]] [[Flyer (pamphlet)|flyer]], drawn by [[Will
>> Dockery]] in 2006]]

>> '''Parnello's Pizza''' is a hand-tossed, [[Chicago-style pizza|Chicago-
>> style]] [[pizzeria]] in [[Columbus, Georgia]] with the original
>> location on [[Gunboat Drive]], now closed. The current location is at
>> 5828 [[Moon Road]], 706-569-7272.

>> Founded in [[2006]] by [[Parnell Robinson]] former manger-cook at
>> [[Pizza Roma]] in Columbus, Georgia, when [[Will Dockery]] watched
>> Robinson running the pizzeria single-handedly and suggested he buy his
>> own [[brick oven]], print some [[Flyer (pamphlet)|flyer]], and do it
>> himself. Robinson now makes all the food himself, from scratch,
>> employing friends to operate Parnello's, which is best known for the
>> [[Tarzan]] pie, a [[kitchen sink]] ''the works'' pizza. While at first
>> Parnello's focused on the concept of ''keeping it simple'', which the
>> owner of Pizza Roma claims was the key to that pizzeria's success, of
>> serving only pizza and soft drinks, with additional menu items such as
>> [[Buffalo Wings]] and [[Lasagna]] added slowly and cautiously,
>> Parnello's in recent months has begun adding a wide variety of foods,
>> including the rarely available by delivery [[Southern style]] menu
>> items, with plans being made to locally challenge [[Steak-Out]] with a
>> steak and baked potato menu item available for delivery.

>> Parnello's Pizza has scored 100 for the last two years of inspections
>> from the Columbus [[Department of Public Health]].

>> ==See Also==

>> *[[Pizza]]
>> *[[Pizza delivery]]
>> *[[Association of Pizza Delivery Drivers]]
>> *[[Pizzeria]]
>> *[[List of pizzerias]]

>> ==External links==

>> *[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvVsl55H614Parnello'sPizza
>> television commercial]
>> *[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh4Aw2MCnoUAmber'svideo]
>> *[http://www.columbushealth.com/inspec...althinspection
>> score]
>> *[http://www.myspace.com/parnellospizzaParnello'sPizzaMySpace]

>> [[Category:Pizzerias]]
>> [[Category:Columbus, Georgia]]
>> [[Category:Muscogee County, Georgia]]
>> [[Category:Restaurants in Georgia]]

<snipped for brevity>

> If that's synonymous with "headache" then, yeah, i suppose so.

Speaking of "headaches", does the writing style and interesting
grammar and spelling in this hilariously inept review remind you of
someone (or two) we know?

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15240001232

Parnello's Pizza
By Anonymous

"...Before you eat here; you better Google this place. It is
unbelievable!Just Google Parnellos pizza; I have never seen a food
place with this much controversie.. Unreal! More going on here than a
talk show. Weird. Oh, I made a mistake. It is on Gunboat Drive off
Milgen Road close to the Winn Dixie. I picked up my husband's pizza
and saw a strange brochure inside the box. The business did look
clean. The pizza was average. Well, I have never seen such an odd
looking Ad on the pizza box so I googled it. The business looked OK
but i wouldn't get pizza there again. There is more on the internet
about this pizza place than anything I have ever seen. This is an odd
city..."

Odd, indeed... she got that part right... heh.

--
"Twilight Girl" a new Will Dockery recording:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery