frohe

Default How many slabs of pork ribs for 20 adults?

Gavin wrote:
> I'm having a Super Bowl party and I'm expecting 20 adults. I have 5
> racks of pork spare ribs that I plan to do on my WSM. I just had a
> scary vision of someone getting to the rib platter after they're all
> gone.
> Does 5 slabs seem like enough for 20 adults, or should I pick up some
> more? I'm doing potato salad and baked beans, too.

Figger half a rack per person; so ya need 10 racks. This is of course if
you're plannin on servin em for a meal. If ya have a bunch more finger
foods like chips and dip and plan for folks to be snackin while they watch
the game, then you might get away with 5 racks but I doubt it if they're
good eatin.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry