Thomas Mooney

Default How many slabs of pork ribs for 20 adults?

Gavin > wrote in message

> Does 5 slabs seem like enough for 20 adults, or should I pick up some
> more? I'm doing potato salad and baked beans, too.

My experience is that rack sizes vary widely depending on the age/size of
the pig at slaughter and how the racks are trimmed. My butcher's advice
when I asked this question was 1 lb. per person. That works out about right
for our family. If I were you, and wanted to be safe, I'd go 1 1/4 -> 1 1/2
lbs. per person. Particularly if you've got a vacuum sealer for the
leftovers.

The "it depends" advice the others have given is quite appropriate. It
depends on the appetites of your guests and it depends on what else you're
serving.

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address