Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Sirloin tip vs. rump roast

I need to make several pounds of beef jerky this week (preferably
tomorrow night.) I usually use beef rump roast when I'm making it for
gifts, or beef round-steak when I'm making it for myself and I get the
steaks on sale really cheap. (it's been about 2 years since I've seen
any cheap beef.)

I was at Sam's today and saw that they have whole sirloin tips for $2.28
per pound. Average weight is about 10 or 12 pounds. That's comparable
to rump roast, ain't it? Sam's has some of the best meat in town, but
they don't have a very big selection, and they didn't have anything
labeled "rump roast".

Thanks,
Bob